Thursday, August 2, 2012

Caracoli

“Man ... can go up against gravitation in a balloon, and why should he not hope that ultimately he may be able to stop or accelerate his drift along the Time-Dimension, or even turn about and travel the other way.”

H.G. WELLS, The Time Machine.



It would be excessive to start off saying I managed to crash a nudist Ernestine Family reunion in the spring of 1978 and that I had procured an eyeful of all the so named jewels in relation to their family, too extravagant to describe, than to simply say that I have had a bad day.

While time traveling indeed had its perks, it did not fully prepare me for the occasional random meetings I continually happened to experience. Don’t get me wrong, Grandma and Grandpa Ernestine were lovely conversation. However, I would not say I enjoyed the unambiguous view of their unclothed genitals while they gave me their recipe for the deviled eggs. Not to mention the ugly view of Aunt Norma Ernestine’s evident third nipple.

This was just another day that blurred into so many others. Spending more time in the past then in the current: I am a sappy excuse of a functioning human being.

“You did what today?”

Nonchalantly sipping from a bottle of whiskey, I pretend there’s lint in my ear.


No comments:

Post a Comment